lunes, 18 de marzo de 2013

A year playing ... (part II)

 

Following with the summary of our plays last year. Jordi and I have played (quite intermitently) a game of Paths of Glory. This is a card-driven game that simulates the First World War. It is considered one of the best CDG games and in spite of being 14-years old is still at wargame #2 in BGG.

pic834645_md

This helped me to better learn the game rules and to feel the game from the point of view of Central Powers as I was playing Allied against Alberto by vassal (see our AAR in http://aarbyvassal.blogspot.com.es/).

I have managed to take Belgrade but Jordi sent some Russian Armies to crush Bulgarians and free again the Balkans. I did not achieve any strong push in the West and in the East I could advance in the North but my South flank was very thin. When Italy came into war I sent a few German Armies there (static solid trench line in France) and made some attacks. Finally, game ended in a agreed stalemate.

Some pics from the early stages of the war:

IMGP7068 IMGP7069

Another game seen in our tables during 2012 was Space Empires: 4X. A game where you build your empire, explore the surrounding space, colonize planets, build an space army and finally try to destroy your enemy. Personally I find the first half of the game (economy, exploration) very appealing and well done. normally I lose some interest when coming to war and combats.  But it is a good game.

pic953180_md

Some pics:

IMGP7075 IMGP7077
IMGP7076 IMGP7078

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario